Watching FreeBSD and ZFS content at your own leisure has never been easier!
Check out recording from our previous webinar sessions.
Have suggestions about upcoming sessions? Just write us using the contact form!
Latest webinar recordings
Introduction to OpenZFS 2.0
The release of OpenZFS 2.0 means the end to “ZFS on Linux” and it has been a long-awaited move from all communities.
During this webinar, Allan will walk you through the following topics:
- What’s new in OpenZFS 2.0
- How does OpenZFS 2.0 impact existing ZFS installations
- How to get access to the newest features of OpenZFS 2.0 in FreeBSD 12
- Plan future installations to take advantage of the metadata segregation and persistent caching
Best Practices for Optimizing ZFS
Check out or first webinar on OpenZFS. Allan Jude will walk you through an initial discovery of the “Best Practices of ZFS”.
During this webinar Allan will touch on the following topics:
- Building Your Storage Array – Everything from picking the best hardware to RAID-Z and using mirrors.
- Keeping up with Data Growth – Expanding and growing your pool, and of course, shrinking with device evacuation.
- Datasets and Properties – Controlling settings with properties and many other tricks!
The Sysadmin’s Guide to ZFS
During this second webinar on Open ZFS Steve Wills will take you through the fundamentals of ZFS from system administrator’s perspective.
During this webinar, Steve will cover the following topics:
- Pools, vdevs and datasets – Learn about the basic items in ZFS, and learn to create your own pool during this session.
- Why you don’t need fstab or fsck! – And why ZFS is in general better off without it.
- The power of ZFS – Overviewing snapshots, clones and replication.