Technical Content Writer
Locations: North America (all timezones)
Full-time/part-time: Article Based or Contract
Category: Technical Marketing/Content Writing
Experience: Technical Writing Skills
About The Job
Are you a prolific writer who likes to research and learn about different open source topics? Technical writers play a big part at Klara. Our content is the link between the software we develop and how successfully customers use the platform.
This role is contracted per article or as part of an ongoing contract. Topics are of a technical nature and knowledge of Embedded/Arm technology, ZFS, and/or FreeBSD is a key element. The key to a successful delivery is connecting the technical information to desired customer outcomes.
- Research and provide suggestions for article topics together with clear outlines
- Help the Klara team develop technical collateral potentially including white papers and solution overviews on specific topics
- Provide concise and engaging content with an average length between 1800-2500 words
- Inclusion of appropriate technical visuals to increase engagement and clarity in storytelling
- Ability to work within a defined delivery timeframe and provide regular status updates
- Nice to have:
- Ability to develop short snippets from articles for social media placements
- Have an understanding of SEO keyword placement in a natural, consistent way
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rich technical content that presents information in easy-to-understand plain language.
- Ability to research complex technical concepts (independently and collaboratively) and develop effective deliverables to serve customer needs.
- Knowledge in the fields of FreeBSD, ZFS or Embedded technology is an asset.
Link to previous articles as a reference: https://klarasystems.com/articles/
If you’d rather talk to us via e-mail, just drop us a line with your CV and portfolio at join us [at] klarasystems.com. We will reply to all candidates that are selected for an interview.
As an enterprise provider of open source services, Klara focuses on the art of open software and community-driven development to deliver software development services to its customers. We help customers standardize their environments running on FreeBSD and ZFS, and accelerate their platforms based on FreeBSD, ZFS and embedded systems.