- Remote: Yes
- Locations: North America – EST Preferred
- Full-time/part-time: Full-time
- Employment/Contract: Contract
- Category: Operations, Management
- Experience: 8+ years
As an international provider of technology services, Klara focuses on the art of open software and community-driven development to deliver software development services to its customers. We help customers standardize their environments running on FreeBSD and ZFS, and accelerate their platforms based on FreeBSD, ZFS and embedded systems.
About The Job
We are looking for an experienced operations manager in the North-Eastern region of the United States (ex: Massachusetts to Washington). The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of experience managing clients in the software industry with an entrepreneurial mindset to help establish the US headquarter and help continue manage the Canadian entity. This role can grow into a COO or a General Manager position.
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven operations manager to direct and manage the organization’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties for the operations manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting skills, and strong leadership qualities. The noteworthy operations manager should account for all business activities, enhance efficiency, maintain relationships with clients, and meet overall growth objectives.
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager or similar management role in the information technology sector
- Experience in planning and budgeting and internal auditing
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations, etc.)
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- B.Sc./BA in Business, technology, or relevant field; M.Sc./MA is a plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with a start-up
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Overseeing the selection and implementation of an ERP systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics)