- Remote: Yes
- Locations: North America (all timezones)
- Full-time/part-time: Part-time or Full-time
- Employment/Contract: Contract (preferred)
- Category: Marketing
- Experience: Medior/Senior
As a provider of open-source services, Klara focuses on the art of open software and community-driven development. We believe that in order to foster creativity and advance technology in an ethical fashion we must continue fueling the spirit of open source.
At Klara, we rely on a mix of specialists and community to deliver FreeBSD, ZFS and Arm development services. We help customers standardize their environments running on FreeBSD and ZFS, and accelerate their platforms based on FreeBSD, ZFS and Arm.
About The Job
As a Marketing Specialist, you will report to the executive management of Klara Inc. In your role as marketing specialist, you will help develop, execute, and monitor marketing programs across a variety of channels. This work includes researching the open-source market, analyzing trends to help define the organization’s marketing strategy, and providing advice as to how to best reach the target market.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar position. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate technical topics clearly and succinctly. You are a social media expert with a passion for trying innovative approaches on social media and implementing best practices.
- Develop, implement, and track marketing programs such as email, social media, or digital campaigns, and events
- Collaborate with other internal teams (e.g. management and sales) to develop and monitor strategic marketing initiatives
- Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of campaigns
- Conduct market research and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities
- Develop and create marketing materials, such as sales and product collateral, and ensure brand guidelines are met
- Develop and implement a highly targeted and effective social media campaign to spread Klara’s brand and image
- Write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content across different mediums
- Curate, publish and share daily content that builds a community and encourages a high level of engagement
- Work with external agencies and vendors to execute marketing programs
- Stay on top of new and emerging social platform trends and technologies in the market to improve social media effectiveness
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience in social media, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or relevant experience in the field
- Experience creating marketing and social media campaign in IT
- Strong knowledge of various marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce), and content management systems
- Excellent short-form copywriting, editing, and verbal communication skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge of how to market to and write for a technology and business leader audience
- Experience overseeing, reviewing, and critiquing work submitted by team members
- Proactive and highly responsive
If you’d rather talk to us via e-mail, just drop us a line at joinus [at] klarasystems.com.